Monday, October 6, 2014

You Had Me at Chocolate Stamping on Twine


I love this phrase, it just makes me giggle.  Have you ever tried stamping on twine?  It is really easy to do and gives such a fun and different look.  I took a piece of cream cardstock and put adhesive on the whole piece.  I used dry adhesive as I have found the wet adhesive to be too messy for this task.  I layered row by row until I had enough for the size that I wanted.  I tend to leave the tails long until I am done and then trim them up to the size I desire.  I used My Favorite Things Chocolate Sentiments Stamp Set and Inked it with My Favorite Things Hot Fudge ink pad.  I made sure the ink was juicy on the stamp and on a hard surface I stamped the sentiment.  If you find that some of your ink did not fill in perfectly, you can take a small paint brush and rub the tip in the ink and touch up the image.  I embossed the sweet tag and finished off my card with a heart embossed piece of card stock, some more twine, of course and some candy dots.  I love all of my The Twinery colors, but have to say that I find the Natural very versatile.  Hop over to the store to pick some up and get some other gorgeous colors while you are there.  I'm off to have a piece of chocolate.  Have a great day.
platinum_shimmerSolid_Natural
Hugs,
Anita

1 comment: