Thursday, June 8, 2017

4th of July Firecracker

Anita here today with a tutorial on how to make Lori's 3D Firecracker.  You can find this file in her SVG shop here and here in the Silhouette Store.  I also used some parts of the 5X7 Box Card July 4th to add to the embellishments of my project.  You can find it here in Lori's store and here in the Silhouette Store.  I love to mix and match Lori's Echo Park collections on my projects and used I Love Winter and Go See Explore.
Here are the materials that I used for my project.
The firecracker wick is perforated so that you can fold the wick into a small square and then put it through the hole.
Next you are going to fold the tabs back and glue them to the inside of the cover of the tube.
Here is what is looks like from the front.
You are next going to fold down the tabs on the cover piece and glue them to one of the circles.  One of the extra red circles gets glued to the inside of the top to hide the tabs and glue.
Here is a photo of the stickler that I put on the edges of the wick.
You are going to repeat the process for the tube body.  This photo shows the red circle inside and I love the finished look.
Here is a close up photo of the embellishments.  I used the 4th of July circle from the box card.
That's it for me today.  This is so cute and you can fill it with candy or leave it empty and on your table for a holiday centerpiece.
Hugs,
Anita

No comments: